We are incredibly fortunate to have access to the pool right next door to the treatment office.
Did you know that when you are neck deep in water weight bearing is reduced by up to 90%? This helps to reduce joint stress, support weak muscles, and allows the body to be more limber.
Aquatic therapy is especially beneficial for:
- Joint pain / arthritis
- Heavy body weight
- Lack of muscular strength
- Balance problems / fear of falling
- Multi-trauma injuries
- Myofascial pain / fibromyalgia
- Post-operative (i.e hip or knee replacement, ACL repair etc.)
Benefits of Aqua Therapy:
- decreased weight/joint stress
- Gentle joint traction (decompression)
- Increased ability to use weak muscles
- Increased joint mobility
- Hydrostatic Pressure
- Promotes circulation
- Helps redirect edema/swelling -acts like a gentle compression stocking!