Injury Assessment & Treatment
Athletic Therapist’s have 4 years of training specifically in orthopaedic evaluation and treatment. Our specialty evolves around in-depth analysis of the musculoskeletal system. This means we specialize in injured muscles, bones, joints, ligaments, tendons and their related structures.
At Meraki WS, your assessment looks like this:
- A comprehensive discussion on your injury, health and injury history, lifestyle demands, and wellness goals. It’s important that we know what you’re up to and what’s important to you.
- A biomechanical (posture, gait, functional movements) analysis. This is when all is revealed about how you ended up in pain.
- Injury evaluation (movement ability, special tests, tissue exam). This is where we discover what’s hurt.
- Education about your ailment and home care. We want you to know how to help yourself and rely on us as little as possible.
- Treatment in the remaining time. Sometimes the assessment aggravates your pain, so we like to send you away happy (please come back!)
It is our priority that you leave the assessment with a clear understanding of your injury and the dysfunctions associated with it. Following your assessment, time will be taken to design an individualized rehab program based on the assessment findings, which will be introduced to you at your first follow up appointment (60min).
*Please wear clothing that allows the body to be assessed (comfortable, loose fitting active wear) and the affected area to be easily accessed (i.e shorts for lower body injury or a sports bra for upper limb). This will allow for a more thorough assessment.
Follow Up Treatment (30, 45 & 60min options)
Follow up treatments are focused not only on treating your symptoms, but place the upmost importance on addressing the cause of the problem. We like to solve the pain and dysfunction for good. Depending on the outcome of the initial assessment, treatment may include any or a combination of the following:
- Exercise & Stretch Prescription
- Cryo- (Ice) Therapy
- Thermo- (heat) Therapy
- Therapist Assisted Stretching, PNF
- Soft Tissue Release (STR) Technique
- Instrument Assisted STR (Similar to Graston)
- Trigger Point Release
- Injury/Anatomy Education
- Postural Correction
- Foam Rolling
- Joint Mobilization
- Supportive Taping/Wrapping
- Breathing & Core Activation Techniques
- & more!
*To allow for the most effective treatment, please bring comfortable clothing that allows ample access to the treatment area (i.e shorts or sports bra). Keep in mind that if it is a foot, several areas of the leg and hip are usually addressed.
*If this is your first appointment OR a new injury/area, please book an Initial Assessment.